Until recently, few U.S. citizens have been able to experience Cuba travel. But under a licensed granted by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, Tauck has been providing People-to-People educational exchange Cuba tours since 2012. Meet face-to-face with local residents from different professions, share thoughts, gain knowledge, and connect with Cuba’s cultural heritage on our 7-day, Havana-based Cuba: Connecting with People and Culture. Around key themes of Cuban culture and the arts, history, architecture, entrepreneurism, agriculture, baseball and more, travelers interact directly with the people of Cuba. Meet Cuban students, teachers, architects, artisans, dancers, musicians, coaches and ballplayers… learn about Ernest Hemingway’s Cuba… discuss art and private enterprise at the studios of community artists… visit with agricultural workers to talk about agrarian reform and organic farming… interact with members of community and charitable organizations about their work… learn about Cuban cultural traditions… have meals at paladares (small, privately operated Cuban restaurants)… and connect with Cuba on Tauck's cultural exchange.
Traveling Well Includes:
- All hotel accommodations – 1 night in Miami at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables and 5 nights in Havana at the Meliá Habana
- Flights between Miami and Havana
- Tauck’s “Leave Your Worries at Home” service, with all day-to-day travel details taken care of for you
- Escorted travel from the moment your People-to-People trip begins in Miami, accompanied by a professional Tauck Director and experienced local Cuban guides, all fluent in both English & Spanish
- Five days of “People-to-People” educational exchange in Havana, Finca Vigia, Viñales and Pinar del Rio
- Discussions with representatives from Cuban community and arts organizations, educational institutions and museums, community art projects, architectural preservation organizations, tobacco and cigar production facilities, baseball organizations and more
- Exclusive Tauck Experiences fostering meaningful cultural connections with Cuban families, artists, musicians, students, educators, agricultural workers, artisans, entrepreneurs, community leaders, baseball coaches and players and others
- All ground transportation
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- All meals in Cuba – 17 (6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners), including authentic Cuban cuisine at local restaurants and private paladares throughout your trip
- All gratuities to Tauck Director, local guides and drivers, hotel and restaurant staff; all taxes, admission fees, porterage and departure tax
Terms and Conditions apply. Contact Cruise Adventures Unlimited for full terms and conditions.